Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And how was your day?

Today has been a really long day. I had to be up at 4:50am to get ready to have Bekah at the hospital at 6:15 for tubes to be inserted into her ears. We got to the hospital, had to have a lot done, considering her heart murmurs. At 7:45 they take Bekah back to the O.R. within minutes the doctor is coming out telling me she is done. Riley and Reahgan have both had this done a few times so no big surprise there. The hospital has a new way of discharging patients, they discharge directly from recovery. So here we go leaving the hospital, Bekah still pretty much sedated. I get her home, she is going between hold me, no don't hold me, pick me up, let me roll on the floor, you get the jest of the situation. So I am sitting in the recliner rocking her at times, looking at her rolling around the floor at others. Bekah then proceeds to roll her legs under the recliner and will not move. I am trying to get her to move, meanwhile she is crying. I can't go forward, so I get the bright idea to go sideways-well when the chair went sideways she had enough room to stick her toe under the frame of the chair. The chair comes down on her foot. Luckily I realized this before it could do much damage, key word being much. We did manage to fracture her big toe. Spent the morning at the Dr's. having x-rays.
Needless to say I will be a lot more careful with the recliner and Bekah Boo.

And how was your day?

No comments: